Relate Bedfordshire and Luton relies on volunteers to support our work across the county.
We currently have the following volunteer opportunities available:
This can include:
- Administration duties in our Bedford office
- 'Meet and greet' evening reception work in our Bedford office and outpost venues
- Fundraising activities and events
If you are interested and can spare a few hours each week, please call Tina Miller on 01234 356350 or use our contact form.
There is no typical profile of a Relate Trustee but we are looking for an individual who is enthusiastic, self-motivated and forward thinking to help drive the organisation forward.
Main purpose of the role
- Overall responsibility for the organisations strategic direction
- Ensuring that it meets its legal duties, remains solvent and is well run
- Delivers the outcomes for which it was set up
Essential aptitude and skills
- An acceptance of the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of trusteeship
- Ability to evaluate and interpret information and think creatively
- Strategic vision to affect change and meet the objectives of Relate Bedfordshire and Luton
Level of commitment required
Attendance at our Board meetings four times a year plus an expectation for the Trustee to sit on at least one of our three sub-group that fits with their own expertise. Sub-groups meet four times a year prior to each Board meeting.
Time would also be required to read board papers and prepare for meetings.
For more information email Angela Foll, Chief Executive Officer, by clicking here or telephone her on 01234 400730.
We work with families, young people and couples in many areas in Bedfordshire and Luton and are in urgent need of volunteers to act as Meet and Greeters in the Flitwick, Leighton Buzzard, Luton including Pastures Way, Shefford and Dunstable areas.
If you have a few hours spare in the evening we would love to hear from you. Our Meet and Greeters volunteer on a monthly rota basis and any help you can give, however small, would be greatly appreciated.
We would love to hear from you if you think you could help.