Sometimes you may feel isolated but at other times, even when you have the most supportive family and friends, you may not feel your normal self.
You do not have to be in crisis or on the verge of one, before choosing to access counselling. You may be experiencing underlying feelings of dissatisfaction with life in general, you may be seeking balance in your life, or you may be feeling:
- stressed (including work based stress)
- loss and grief
- low self-esteem
All of these reasons and more may be a reason to seek counselling. You may find that you are experiencing difficulties at a particular transition points in your life, such as:
- Leaving home
- Relationship breakdown in a couple or family relationship
- Relationship breakdown in a family relationship
- Leaving a job / changing career
- Becoming a parent
- Retirement or redundancy
- Adapting to a serious illness or disability
- Moving on after a major life experience
Counselling offers a safe space for you to talk confidentially about the things that concern you with someone who will actively listen, who won’t judge you, who will encourage you to talk openly about your concerns and help you to reach your own decisions about the best way forward.
Let us help you to find the right direction.